Monday, September 26, 2011

YarnCon, Chicago 2011

I went to YarnCon for the first time this past weekend. It was so inspiring to see my friend Lenae with her custom dyed yarns. I bought a few dyed silk hankies and a hank of a purplish/lavendar silk/merino/cashmire yarn. Talk about luxurious!

I also bought a few ounces of 100% suri alpaca roving that was dyed with autumnal colors. Let me tell you, I had to resist pulling out that credit card to buy a bag of unprocessed suri alpaca! Thank God I kept my cool. Suri Alpaca is a great alternative to silk -- it's so luxurious!

I also got my order of silk cocoons and undyed silk hankies. Sarah at Mia Bella Yarns will be having a yarn dying class so the silk will be perfect for it. I think I also have a hank of undyed wool yarn as well.

Come back a little later if you would like to see some pictures.

No comments: