Monday, September 19, 2011

Spinning yarn!

I have taken up spinning in the last month. I love it! It's so relaxing to spin on the drop spindle. Doesn't take too long to have a good bundle of fiber to make yarn. I am so very excited about the possibility of creating something truly from scratch. Here's a picture of my first spindle full of yarn:
Sorry for the bad picture. I had some dim lighting in my room.

On the other news front, A reversible quilt I've been working on since last October is practically done. I just finished the binding but I realize that I need to do some more quilting around the edges. Good thing I didn't undo all the safety pins. These are pretty big borders and I think more quilting will give it a finished look. Pictures to come a little later.

How's my goal of doing something creative everyday...not bad. Sometimes there are moments when you feel like you don't want to do anything, but I'm sticking with it. I've cut out television so that's helping.

No comments: