Thursday, December 15, 2011

Holiday crafting overload...

Need I say more?

Here's a list of things I've done:
  • Red ruffle scarf
  • 2 Personalized felt ornaments
In progress:
  • Navy blue ruffle scarf
  • New born baby cap
  • 1 personalized felt ornament
  • 1 baby blanket
Then there's the "OMG I have to start these!":
  • 3 Silk screened quotes on linen
  • 4 personalized felt ornaments
  • I don't know how many Christmas cards
I think several people will be getting their gifts a bit late this year. The ironic thing is I started in October, but business has been so good, I have had to put the crafting on the side and now I'm playing catch up. Last year business was slow, but there must be something in the air because now I can't remember when I've had a good solid 3 hours to work on the crafts. 

Last night would have been perfect, but I had forgotten to get goody bags for everyone in my small group bible study. So I ended up filling 18 goody bags which took about 2 1/2 hours to finish. I am reminded of this devotional from Proverbs 31 Ministries on "An Overloaded Life", December 7, 2011. I think I really too much on this year and need to evaluate whether feeling overloaded is really worth it. This devotional really showed how I'm depriving myself and my family of God's blessings in life right now. Don't forget to give crazy love to your family this Christmas.


No comments: